Monday, July 26, 2010

Connectivism

While listening to the explanation of the connectivism theory during our last tute I realised just how important it is in a time when there are so many ways to connect with other people and information.

Sometimes as teachers I feel we are expected to know everything, but this is not the case. My Mum asked me a question the other day and I could not answer it for her. Jokingly she replied that I should know as I'm going to be a teacher. My reply to this was that sure I don't know but I can tell you how you can find out, get on the computer and google it. Google is just an example of course there are many other places to find information but you get the picture.

As long as we have the knowledge and means to be able to connect with people to find out information. Wikipedia referred to the Connectivism theory as "a learning theory for the digital age". I believe this is a great summary and explains it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment